Minecraft Alternatives and Similar Games
If Minecraft left you willing for more then our list of games like Minecraft will help you enjoy the similar experience again.
Games Like Minecraft
A legendary game, well-known for popularizing the sandbox building genre of games that we now see so many of today. While the genre existed well before Notch came along and created Minecraft, this particular category of building games would have never become as big as it is today if it were not for Minecraft going viral. A small game from an indie developer become a massive hit overnight, selling millions upon millions of copies, creating a game that is still faithfully played to this day. If you are looking for more games like Minecraft, take a look at these 11 games!
Some Facts About Minecraft
The popular multiplayer building and crafting game that has come to define an entire genre, Minecraft is a 3D game where you gather materials, fight monsters, and build incredible and beautiful structures. It has come a long way from its indie roots, and is still being regularly updated today!
About the Game
- Released: 18 Nov, 2011
- Genre: Sandbox, Survival
- Platforms: PC, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox ONE, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Raspberry Pi, Wii U, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Nintendo Switch, Universal Windows Platform
- Developer: Mojang
- Publisher: Mojang
- Official Website: https://minecraft.net/
- OS: Windows 7 and above
- Processor: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: (Integrated) Intel HD Graphics or AMD (formerly ATI) Radeon HD Graphics with OpenGL 2.1, (Discrete) Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT or AMD Radeon HD 2400 with OpenGL 3.1
- Storage: At least 200MB for Game Core